Happy Labor Day my friends! I am sharing today a recipe that is a HIT in our family: Turkey Chili! We do not eat ground beef o red meat that much, and this recipe is light and healthy and is really tasty with a secret ingredient. I make this in the crock-pot because the slow cooking process gives it extra flavor.
You will need:
- 1 lb of Turkey, lean
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 cup of the frozen seasoning blend (if you have not tried this, you are missing out! see the pics)
- 1 can of tomato sauce + 1/4 cup of water OR chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp of Sazonador Total Goya
- 1 can of red beans, rinsed and drained
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Secret ingredient: one TBSP of brown sugar!
- 1 TBSP of chili powder
- Garlic powder, oregano (smidgen)
First, brown the ground turkey in a pan. Add a little salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce oregano and garlic powder, just to flavor it. Do not cook all the way through. Spray the crock pot base with cooking spray and add the meat. Then add all the rest of ingredients. Here it is uncooked.
Cook on low (better) or on high for 4 hours.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chips. We like Sun chips!
Serve with the yummiest cornbread in the world!
Craft O Maniac The Gunny Sack