Today I have TWO things to post. My kids and I have been having fun with Halloween this year. My son decided that he does not want to be a ghost and now he wants to be Tron. I CANNOT find this costume anywhere, so today I am going to the two last Halloween stores to see if I can find it. Otherwise I will have to order it online and pay a million bucks for shipping...;-( So yes, it has been busy around here.
For an activity for Family Home Evening (an evening a week that we gather in family council and talk about family issues, successes, stresses, and we have a spiritual lesson, game, song and treats) we created some skeletons using Q tips, marshmallows a black sharpie and the glue gun.
First, you insert a Q tip in the marshmallow.
Then, you draw a face for the skeleton. The kids had fun with this.
After that, gluing goes in this order:
- Shoulders, making a T
- Cut a Q tip into thirds and glue that to the "back." These are the ribs.
- Glue one Q tip for each arm, from the "shoulder" Q tip.
- Cut 2 Q tips to form a triangle for the pelvis. Glue the base of the triangle to the end of the "back" and then the other two Q tips to each side of the base. Glue the tip of the triangle.
- From the two lower angles of the triangle, glue the legs. Then glue another Q tip to make the legs longer.
- Cut a Q tip and glue "feet.
- Let dry. You're done!
Proud of their creations...
Here is the Skeleton Family ;-)
On the Halloween display...
We enjoyed making these skeletons and we also enjoyed dinner:
Hot dog mummies and bloody fingers.
I think this is pretty self explanatory. I used the cheap pizza crust packet. I added the water, let it sit for 5 minutes, rolled it out and cut strips. I rolled it around the hot dogs. For the finger almost all the way through and for the mummies also around one end. The kids dipped them in ketchup and they told me that it could be blood, like on that "fingernail." Gross. If I start pretending that the food is all these yucky stuff I will lose my appetite!
Are you all ready for Wednesday? Can't wait!!